Breaking News Bar

Minor damage to Steeleville trailer

By Staff Report
Posted on 12/12/2016, 11:34 AM

Incense was ruled to be the cause of a minor fire at the Heartland Manor Motor Home Court on Saturday in Steeleville.

According to Steeleville Fire Chief Carlos Barbour, a resident at 508 Judi Lane was burning incense and an ember fell into a stack of newspapers.

"There was minor damage to the trailer," Barbour said. "We were on scene for about 30 minutes.

"The only damage was some newspapers."

The fire was reported at 1:58 p.m.