Breaking News Bar

Chester FD responds to Christmas Day stove fire

  • Pictured is the stove that caught fire on Christmas Day. No one was injured in the incident.

    Pictured is the stove that caught fire on Christmas Day. No one was injured in the incident.
    CFD Photo

 
Posted on 12/26/2016, 12:22 PM

Chester firefighters were called out to the 1000 block of State Street on Christmas Day on the report of smoke coming out of the stove in an apartment above Subway.

Firefighters arrived at 1027 State St., apartment 3, to find the fire had been extinguished, but the apartment was full of smoke.

The name of the resident of the apartment has not been released.

Firefighters then started ventilation and checked for any further extension of the fire. Firefighters, who were paged at 12:48 p.m., were back in service at 1:52 p.m.