The Southwestern Illinois College Youth Employment and Support Services Program, under the WIOA Out of School Youth Program, provides free comprehensive support and educational services to individuals between the ages of 16 and 24 living in St. Clair and Randolph counties who are not attending school and would like to complete their secondary level of education and participate in worksite learning experiences related to their career choice.
Case managers and the program's Transition Coordinator develop a formal agreement with each participant by assisting them in developing a plan of action to overcome barriers that may hinder them in fulfilling their education goals and/or obtaining employment that leads to self-sufficiency.
The following services will be available through the program:
• Tutoring and high school equivalency instruction and testing.
• Employment opportunities linked to participants' career interests.
• Work experience opportunities
• Leadership development
• Adult mentoring
• Workplace readiness training
• Follow-up services after exit (12 months)
• Comprehensive guidance and counseling, including referral to service partners for drug and alcohol counseling as needed
• Transportation assistance
• Child care referral assistance
Contact Karen Schaller at SWIC Red Bud Campus (618) 210-8189 for further information.