The Chester Chamber of Commerce and River City Renewal will co-sponsoring the city's third annual Small Business Saturday on Nov. 30.
Businesses have been encouraged to offer special events on that day, such as extended hours, specials, drawings and promotions. The Chamber of Commerce is promoting these events on the organization's social media and emails.
In an effort to express appreciation to Chester's small businesses, the chamber is providing doughnuts to business owners (and a guest) at Muddy River Coffee Shop on Saturday from 8 to 9 a.m. In addition, business owners who contact the Chamber prior to Saturday, may have a light lunch for up to two people delivered to their businesses that day between noon and 1 p.m.
Business owners are asked to call the chamber of commerce office at (618) 826-2721.
On Nov. 21 Chester Mayor Tom Page signed a proclamation in observance of Small Business Saturday. It read, "Whereas a successful and diverse small business community is necessary for the survival of every community; and Whereas, each dollar spent in a local, small business has a multiplier effect which benefits our entire community many times over, I recognize Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019 as Chester Small Business Saturday and I call this observance to the attention of all our citizens."
Chester Chamber Executive Director Linda Sympson stated, "We want to thank all of Chester's business community for their investment in our town. We want to remind everyone to #shopsmall at home!"
• Treasured Memories, 918 State St.: Open from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Drawings for three gift certificates, $30, $20 and $10. Christmas t-shirts, Chester Yellow Jackets and St. John Hornets apparel, gift certificates and more.
• St. Nicholas Landmark, 111 Ferry St. Opens at 11 a.m. Buy $25 worth of 22 oz. bombers and get a $5 gift card. Lunch and dinner specials.
• Studio Boutique, 1218 Swanwick St.: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Drawings for three $25 gift cards; shoppers get a free gift with a purchase while supplies last.
Benson's, 1306 Swanwick St. Opens at 10 a.m. "Sangria Saturday" special at $15 per pitcher, and 10% off bottles of wine.
• Stylin' on State, 611 State St.: Expanded shopping hours from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. A variety of dips to sample, and sign up for a giveaway. Christmas and holiday gifts.
* The ones we knew about by press time.