Memorial Hospital Auxiliary's Tree of Remembrance fund drive has raised $8,029 so far this year in its campaign to support the needs of the hospital.
The tree in front of Memorial Hospital will remain lighted through January. The hundreds of lights represent loved ones lost who are remembered during the Christmas season.
Funds collected this year will be used to purchase two Barrier-Free Examination Tables for the Memorial Hospital Specialty Clinic.
Those wishing to make a donation or memorial contribution in honor of a loved one may do so by mailing it to: Tree of Remembrance Chairman Apryl Bradshaw, Memorial Hospital, 1900 State St., Chester, IL, 62233. Contributions and memorials are recognized in the Chester Herald Tribune.
Donations and memorials received to date include:
• Lisa Feldmann, in memory of Bob, Dorothy and Boo Mueller, Jan Becker, and Harold and Kenny Feldmann
• Larry and Imogene McDonough, in memory of loved ones
• Mr. Paul Zemlyn, and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Meadows, in memory of Dr. and Mrs. Milton Zemlyn
• Bob and Linda Marcinkowska, in memory of our daughter Megan Marcinkowska
• Pat Olson, in memory of Dorothy Olson
• Carolyn Schwent, in memory of Gary Schwent, Mike Jungewaelter, Karen Deppe, Rick Cash, Phil Fluck, and Larry Costilow
• "B.V. Gals," in memory of Rosie Craig, Marion Lutz, Millie Layton, and Carole Malley
• Barb and Keith Kittell, in memory of Kris and Kyle Kittell
• The Guthman Family, in memory of John and Jessie Guthman; Bonnie Jones; Harry M. Jones; and Donna Strothmann
• Ken and Virginia Rowold, in memory of WM. O. and Irene Welge, Robert C. Welge, and Otto and Mabel Rowold
• Mary and Glenn Long, in memory of all deceased family and friends
• Chester Grade School "Positive Give Back to the Community" project
• Fraternal Order of Eagles, Chester
• Dr. Lisa Lowry-Rohlfing and Mr. Rodney Rohlfing
• Dr. James and Betty Krieg
• Dr. Stephen and Diane Platt
• Dr. James and Sarah Kirkpatrick
• Shirley Hohgrefe
• Barbara Hall